The youths had a great time at the field outside jiemin's house today.
We started off first by having papers with names of biblical characters written on it to be pasted on our backs..which chai tipped me off by saying, "must give hongen a hard one!" so I just casually guessed that it would be melchizedek, and I was right, LOL.
(after asking 3 qns: 1) 4 words? 2) 1st word is 麦? 3) 2nd word is 基?)
We sang hymns: a new commandment, 若 and Jehovah leads. Were reminded that we need to commit ourselves to any relationship so that it will grow, hence the need for yf, to also spend more time with each other. We are also encouraged by the fact that God who is in control of all things watches over us and leads us along, that whatever happens in 2010, He will lead :)
Then we played this gross game: passing the ketchup & write the memorized verse. yuck..
We passed the ketchup along from finger to finger and the last person wrote it down..
Feeling grossed out, some of us decided to take 'revenge' by ketchuping the organisers jiemin n jiaying, haha, so they got quite a considerable amt of ketchup on their arms. adrian got lots of it on his arms somehow too haha.
After clearing up, we played captain's ball - males handicapped version (2 males binded at one of each's leg to another's) It was hilarious cause guowei always slips out of the binding and causes kichi to fall and...lin chung & ri xi VS guowei & kichi ended up as a TAUPOK session hahaha.
Then came the cooking part. Our group's first fire was a fail..cause it was not self sustainable. Fortunately, we got the help of guardsmen chua! Learnt a lot from him on how to set up a fire. (I do not bother to do so outfield because of the issue with being tactical and the hassle, so I usually settle for biscuits and fruit bars.) One epic thing happened...I realised that marshmellows could burn! Along the way, we cooked different styles of fried rice, our grp kicked off with lingzhi style then huiling style fried rice.. there were lots of chicken wings, hotdogs, veggie & chilli fish. junwei came up with his world's best fish and noodle heh. (the fish was really good though :)
After the cooking most people left after the clearing up. Then we played frisbee, kicked the soccer ball around..and! --- slid down a ~30m slope on cardboards which disintegrated at increasing [d(tearing)/d(time)].. I only became interested in it when i went up the hill to grab the key from jiemin to go back into the residence with xinghui, but lol, i got too hooked up in sliding down haha. so xinghui joined us too after he was sian diao from waiting for me hahaha. I think tian meng or yu en is the best slider. Got lots of little grass cuts due to multiple failures..felt really itchy and prickly..
So we guessed its best that we go home at this point while some of the guys went ahead with their plans to play LAN..
It was a fun day, through the cooking, I got to work together and communicate more
with brothers and sisters.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyway, I think I will restart blogging so that I will be able to remember things better and sometimes I just need a platform for me to write out and sort out my thoughts, my blogging will still be on sort of an occasional basis.
Was feeling kinda upset just now that I would be doing duty tmr so I cannot go for sunday worship. I am thankful for having a brother who has often been my mirror, he shot a question at me, "why?" It did make me think for sometime before I organised my thoughts about why I desire congregational worship and it sort of reflected my selfishness in my desire of the worship of God. After all, although it is a joy to come together with brothers and sisters for worship and fellowship, the centre and object of worship is God Himself and giving Him the glory He deserves is the purpose of worship.
Other than congregational worship on sunday, a life of worship as we walk according to the spirit and in newness of life ought to be what we strive for.
For those God foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of Christ and those whom he called will be justified and glorified. A life that is yielded to Christ to be transformed to be conformed to the likeness of Christ Himself is a life of worship.
The crux of the issue here is the heart for true worship to attain the aim of glorifying God by being worshippers in spirit and in truth.
God wants us to submit to the authority which He has established in this world, thus it is my duty to submit. I ought to be submissive and not feel disgruntled. On the other hand, it ought to be my joy to lead a life of worship.
A Christian's life is one of joy!
Reason being it is one of faith, one of hope and of unfathomable love.
Why are you downcast, O my soul?
Why so disturbed within me?
Put your hope in God,
for I will yet praise him,
my Savior and my God. (pasalms 42:11)
my circumstances are not as dire as the psalmists and it is not presecution or oppression that I meet with, but similarly, when I ask myself why am I downcast, my reply should be the same --- there is no reason to feel as such! For my hope is in God, the work of salvation and the presence of God gives me peace.
We started off first by having papers with names of biblical characters written on it to be pasted on our backs..which chai tipped me off by saying, "must give hongen a hard one!" so I just casually guessed that it would be melchizedek, and I was right, LOL.
(after asking 3 qns: 1) 4 words? 2) 1st word is 麦? 3) 2nd word is 基?)
We sang hymns: a new commandment, 若 and Jehovah leads. Were reminded that we need to commit ourselves to any relationship so that it will grow, hence the need for yf, to also spend more time with each other. We are also encouraged by the fact that God who is in control of all things watches over us and leads us along, that whatever happens in 2010, He will lead :)
Then we played this gross game: passing the ketchup & write the memorized verse. yuck..
We passed the ketchup along from finger to finger and the last person wrote it down..
Feeling grossed out, some of us decided to take 'revenge' by ketchuping the organisers jiemin n jiaying, haha, so they got quite a considerable amt of ketchup on their arms. adrian got lots of it on his arms somehow too haha.
After clearing up, we played captain's ball - males handicapped version (2 males binded at one of each's leg to another's) It was hilarious cause guowei always slips out of the binding and causes kichi to fall and...lin chung & ri xi VS guowei & kichi ended up as a TAUPOK session hahaha.
Then came the cooking part. Our group's first fire was a fail..cause it was not self sustainable. Fortunately, we got the help of guardsmen chua! Learnt a lot from him on how to set up a fire. (I do not bother to do so outfield because of the issue with being tactical and the hassle, so I usually settle for biscuits and fruit bars.) One epic thing happened...I realised that marshmellows could burn! Along the way, we cooked different styles of fried rice, our grp kicked off with lingzhi style then huiling style fried rice.. there were lots of chicken wings, hotdogs, veggie & chilli fish. junwei came up with his world's best fish and noodle heh. (the fish was really good though :)
After the cooking most people left after the clearing up. Then we played frisbee, kicked the soccer ball around..and! --- slid down a ~30m slope on cardboards which disintegrated at increasing [d(tearing)/d(time)].. I only became interested in it when i went up the hill to grab the key from jiemin to go back into the residence with xinghui, but lol, i got too hooked up in sliding down haha. so xinghui joined us too after he was sian diao from waiting for me hahaha. I think tian meng or yu en is the best slider. Got lots of little grass cuts due to multiple failures..felt really itchy and prickly..
So we guessed its best that we go home at this point while some of the guys went ahead with their plans to play LAN..
It was a fun day, through the cooking, I got to work together and communicate more
with brothers and sisters.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyway, I think I will restart blogging so that I will be able to remember things better and sometimes I just need a platform for me to write out and sort out my thoughts, my blogging will still be on sort of an occasional basis.
Was feeling kinda upset just now that I would be doing duty tmr so I cannot go for sunday worship. I am thankful for having a brother who has often been my mirror, he shot a question at me, "why?" It did make me think for sometime before I organised my thoughts about why I desire congregational worship and it sort of reflected my selfishness in my desire of the worship of God. After all, although it is a joy to come together with brothers and sisters for worship and fellowship, the centre and object of worship is God Himself and giving Him the glory He deserves is the purpose of worship.
Other than congregational worship on sunday, a life of worship as we walk according to the spirit and in newness of life ought to be what we strive for.
For those God foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of Christ and those whom he called will be justified and glorified. A life that is yielded to Christ to be transformed to be conformed to the likeness of Christ Himself is a life of worship.
The crux of the issue here is the heart for true worship to attain the aim of glorifying God by being worshippers in spirit and in truth.
God wants us to submit to the authority which He has established in this world, thus it is my duty to submit. I ought to be submissive and not feel disgruntled. On the other hand, it ought to be my joy to lead a life of worship.
A Christian's life is one of joy!
Reason being it is one of faith, one of hope and of unfathomable love.
Why are you downcast, O my soul?
Why so disturbed within me?
Put your hope in God,
for I will yet praise him,
my Savior and my God. (pasalms 42:11)
my circumstances are not as dire as the psalmists and it is not presecution or oppression that I meet with, but similarly, when I ask myself why am I downcast, my reply should be the same --- there is no reason to feel as such! For my hope is in God, the work of salvation and the presence of God gives me peace.
No comments:
Post a Comment