Sunday, November 26, 2006

An unforgettable trip..

Perhaps , the most invaluable & priceless experience.

The trip to Guangzhou, Foshan, Zhang Cha (village name) was great...
It was not about the living environment, neither was it about the food, nor the fun.
It was all about the people, the family warmth, the distinct realisation & the vision.

Haha, I guess I shall dub my trip "The first time".
Firstly, it was the first time I have went overseas beyond malaysia!!
Secondly, I had my longest train ride since...for as long as I can remember -_-"
Thirdly, we had every meal together with the family :)
The most cool fact is perhaps that I had my first flight ever!!! :D
[ok, you may be o_O at this.]

Just some background information, for leisure viewing & refreshing of my memory.
Guangzhou, Foshan, Zhang cha is my home town. My grandad will visit this hometown at least once per 2 years & he's very emotionally attached to the place & people.
My grandfather left there at a young age due to the World War II and came over to Singapore to live and work. During that period of time, he was separated from his 2 brothers and 2 younger sisters. Miraculously, he found his sisters 10 odd years ago! He then built a 2-storey apartment in Zhang cha for his two sisters to reside in together with their family(approximately 10 years ago.) Even when my grandad mentions this to me, his eyes will occassionally be filled with tears. What a rich & eventful history!
Well, he mentioned to me many other stories of his which I shall not list down due to time constraints..[leaving for m'sia tomorrow morning.]

I guess the thing which struck me most was that despite the lower level of education received in the village area, the people possessed what the present society lacked, humanity.

Been very thankful to God for giving me the golden opportunity to travel with my grandad together with aunt Foon Yoong and cousin Audrey, my grandad is 85 this year fyi !!!
You can almost read the satisfaction on my grandad's face for being able to return to his hometown with his daughter and two of his grandchildren!

When will I get such a chance to return to Gauangzhou, Foshan again?
Will I still be blessed with the company of my grandad?

Pslams 39:4-7
Show me, O Lord, my life's end and the number of my days;
let me know how fleeting is my life.
You have made my days a mere handbreadth; the span of my years is nothing befor you.
Each man's life is but a breath.
Man is a mere phantom as he goes to and fro; He bustles about, but only in vain;
He heaps up wealth, not knowing who will get it.
But now, Lord, what do I look for?
My hope is in you.

-Treasure life, love your relatives, care for everyone.

No comments: