Wednesday, December 6, 2006

Guangzhou, Foshan trip [Day 1]

1st day: Sunday, 19 Nov

Ah, had no choice but to miss worship service in the morning..
At around 9 or 10am, Uncle Pang came to fetch me first then grandad who was living nearby.
Lol, still could remember vividly Uncle Pang nick-naming grandad 'the ambassador' when he saw him wearing a suit, all ready and set to go!
Next, I boarded my first flight ever at around 11.45am (boarding time)!
'Sawadika!' greeted all the flight attendants as I entered the plane, (Thai airways), thats why my grandad likes to travel with them..they've got positive work attitude and are polite, good service DNA, haha. On board the plane I had a chance to taste some thai food, which is...erm.. 'pad cha' ? kinda like curry chicken with rice, but it tasted great :)
Later on, we had to transit at Bangkok on to Guangzhou where we had to wait for an hour or so in between....yawnage.
Before boarding the 'ticket collector' tore my boarding pass into half!!! DIAO.
On the plane, I did nothing much except to eat, sleep and read some booklets which I brought along...
How's my flight? You may ask. Other than ears getting blcoked occassionally, which is irritating, it was generally good.

!!!

Arrived in Guangzhou, Bai Yun airport at 8+pm if I'm not wrong where a group of my distant relatives welcomed us. This is where all confusion broke loose, lol.
Who? What? Where? How? I can only understand 50% cantonese provided only one person speaks to me in that dialect and for a short period of time. Any longer, I'll lose focus and be "???"

We then took a van and arrived in Foshan, Zhang Cha in an hour where we reached our 'house' --at least for that week, at approximately 10pm. It was terribly dark where there were hardly any street lights while we made our way to the house. Then, we had some hot tea which was really really nice, especially in the colder climate there.
No, you did not guess it. It's not the end of the day YET! We actually went out to have some porridge at a local...you could say foodhouse. waa, the breeze is coldd.

No comments: