Exodus 3:11 But Moses said to God, "Who am I, that I should go to Pharoah and bring the Israelites out of Egypt?"
3:12 And God said, " I will be with you. And this will be the sign to you that it is I who have sent you: When
you have brought the people out of Egypt, you will worship God on this mountain."
With what is supposedly rational human behaviour, whenever we seek to accomplish a task, however impossible the degree of difficulty, we start by looking at ourselves.(Who am I to?How can I?) Even in serving God, when it seems like a mundane task, we overlook the significance of our service to the Lord completely, when the task seems like a mountain to climb, we give up, in view of the 'mountain' ahead which blocks our sight.
Many a time this mountain indeed does block out our sight of what's in front, but our sight can be
shifted upwards as well!
We can always turn our eyes away from the mountain, which is
1) Pharoah and 2) bringing the Israelites out of Egypt in this case.
We cause our own downfall when we choose to be spiritually near sighted, to be so caught up with existent, persistent and imminent problems and neglect our need for divine intervention. We completely fail to realize that our total insufficiency is and can only be satisfied by God's absolute sufficiency in His provision, abundant grace, unconditional love and his limited fullness.
Do we trust God's promise of : " I will be with you. "
Do we trust that we do not have to worry since the Heavenly Father feeds the birds when they do not sow or reap or store away in barns?
Do we trust that we do not have to worry since God clothes the grass and the lilies of the field, that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these?
Do we trust that God, the God whose name is El Shaddai (God Almighty), the One whom delivered us from the bondage of sin, the fires of hell does not have arms too short to save us from our troubles described as light and momentary by Paul?
Exodus 4:1 Moses answered, "What if they do not believe me or listen to me and say,
'The LORD did not appear to you'?"
4:2 Then the LORD said to him, " What is that in your hand?"
"A staff," he replied.
4:3 The LORD said, "Throw it on the ground." Moses threw it on the ground and it became a snake, and he
ran from it.
We seldom believe without doubting. We often are far sighted in thinking of the possible benefits harvested or the possible immediate repercussions of our actions.
We ask, "what if our service produces no effect?" "What if they do not listen?"
But we fail to ask, "what if we do not do as the Lord commands?"
We fear man more than we fear God.
We fear the one who destroys our body but we fear not the One who can destroy both body and soul.
We please those who give us worldly benefits rather than He who gives spiritual blessings.
We work our apparent image rather than our genuine innate nature.
Humans possess:
Hypocrisy.
When we doubt, we overlook what is already given to us.
A staff? On the apparent it's worthless and not relevant in solving our problems.
However, it is a snake, when used as commanded by God, a display of God's power when we simply obey.
We have a Bible!!
It is the Word of God.
Recall when Peter and the other disciples went on a fruitless fishing trip, when Jesus instructed them to cast their net to the right, what happened?
They caught 153 fishes, so great a catch that the net almost gave way!
when we do as the LORD commands, we'll definitely exclaim, How great Thou art!
We just have to have absolute faith that God is our guarantee to any and everything done according to His Will.
Exodus 4:10 Moses said to the LORD, "O Lord, I have never been eloquent, neither in the past nor since you have
spoken to your servant. I am slow of speech and tongue."
4:11 The LORD said to him, "Who gave man his mouth? What makes him deaf or mute? Who gives him
sight or makes him blind? Is it not I the Lord?
4:12 Now go; I will help you speak and teach you what to say."
I started my post with Moses asking Who am " I "
I shall end my post with what the LORD said, Is it not " I " the Lord?
We are able to take the breath we have now, have food on the table, see colours, smell the cool and crisp morning air, wake up to the glorious sunshine and watch the sun set because God is sustaining us.
We are the branches, God is the vine.
Without God, we are nothing, at most mere mortals existing, trying to live life to the fullest which reaches its pitiful common end for all, death, leading all on a hopeless path, one without a future, one without anything concrete worth clinging on to.
Since being chosen by God, one is justified and can only be justified by God, by grace, through faith.
Since being given the chance to serve, one can only serve with gifts given by God.
Not I, but my LORD.
非我唯主
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment