The word of God resonated within me especially on the last night which spoke of sinners as wanderers.(Luke 15)
It left me such a deep impression because I was a wanderer not only from my heavenly father but also was a wanderer from my biological father, my parents.
The scenario mentioned in the passage spoke of a wanderer who obtained his share of his father's property and abandoned his home to squander his 'new found' wealth. He soon became poor and had to slog his guts out to earn a living, by rearing pigs, he felt like eating the food that the pigs ate but even that request was not entertained by anyone. A pitiful state.
I never forgot how I strayed as a wanderer in the spiritual and physical realm before, even though I had knowledge of God, I did not acknowledge him, I was an ungodly person who in action speech and thoughts showed total disregard for God.
God is just:
Romans 4: 12 All who sin apart from the law will also perish apart from the law, and all who sin under the law will be judged by the law.
Romans 4: 14 (Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law, 15 since they show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts now accusing, now even defending them.) 16 This will take place on the day when God will judge men's secrets through Jesus Christ, as my gospel declares.
Though I treated Him with contempt,
He always called out to me, "come home".
Though I was stiff necked and disobedient,
He always called out to me "follow me"
Though I had died in my sin yet when I turned,
He said "I'll forgive".
Romans 5:6 For when we were still without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.
7 For scarcely for a righteous man will one die; yet perhaps for a good man someone would even dare to die.
8 But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
From my birth, my life had no value, born a sinner under God's wrath.
However I am convinced that since then, before then, till now, His way is perfect.
At one moment in my life, I prayed a prayer of repentance,
I confessed my sin and looked upon myself as a human who is totally insufficient,
existing with a life without any value.
It dawned on me that God, the Lord of lords and King of kings had in fact assigned a value in my life!
Matthew 16:26 For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?
It was a value heftier than any other, Christ's blood shed on the cross!
It perplexed me greatly, how man priced our only messiah at a measly 30 pieces of silver, the price of a SLAVE
but yet He priced each and everyone of us, sons of wrath and condemnation with a value greater than any other.
Therefore I reckon, I embrace with faith the truth that I am dead to sin and I live to God,
Let He be the sole reason I live for and die.
No comments:
Post a Comment