Saturday, December 27, 2008

hugged

I went for witnessing day 2 days back, managed to invite my friend, zheng guang for the english evangelistic meeting and am very thankful for that =)
His original intention to not to go and just go out with his friends for a chrismas meet up, but in the end he changed his mind and was willing to take some time off to listen to the worthwhile message of the gospel =)
I went everywhere else after the english evangelistic meeting haha, went over to the chinese side as well, made friends with chai's friend, yiyi. Had a couple of interesting conversations back there haha.
Then I went downstairs to the SSH to join those who went for tracting and chatted with them over fruits.

Feng Hua's mum is really humourous! [the following is a rough outline of the content of the conversation]
Her: Come eat more fruits, there's a lot of leftovers! (in hokkien)
Me: Wow, so much? Cannot la, we are already very full! (in hokkien)
Her: Must eat! Qizhi you wanna bring some back? (in hokkien)
Phls: Why don't you wanna eat it? (in hokkien)
Her: wa im si te bu! [I'm not a sow]
LOL LOL LOL
Funny logic that eating fruits like oranges is fattening hahaha.

Started wory yesterday, very thankful that I have this opportunity to work and through it, continue to learn how to learn. I have an excellent boss, uncle thian chew whom I address as Mr Thiang. He was really patient and meticulous in teaching me, guiding me along and took real good care of me. Guess thats the privilege and blessing of having a brother in christ as a working partner! He just makes me feel so warm, a warmth that I have not felt in quite a long time.
Had a headache and felt nauseous after work though, it was quite terrible and persistent cause I just could not get the tight-up-feeling off..so I took uncle kenny's advice that sleep was hte best medicine. I went to sleep but still I felt uncomfortable, then I prayed and God listened to my innermost plea not only for my physical discomfort but also for mental and spiritual protection against the many thoughts the devil were assaulting me with at that time. He heard!
I asked Him to hug me and He really did. Realised later that I received 8 replies..wow unprecedented.
Ah, wonderful prayer, so real, so tangible.
Psalm 18:2
The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
Psalm 3:4
To the LORD I cry aloud,

and he answers me from his holy hill.


No comments: