I did not really spam the goodies this year but nevertheless CNY has been awesome so far :) Had reunion dinner at uncle kim hua's house (3rd uncle, maternal side) and it was a spread...no, it was a feast! There was salmon, veg with scallops, prawns, shark's fin soup, choc enclare, cream puffs, mango pudding as dessert..totally wow-ed. Other than the good food, it the night was spent watching red cliff and talking with my other cousins. Good to know that my cousin-in-law is a bball coach in northlight! (I used to work there as a finance assistant) and he mentioned that he was into doing ministry through sports and he's passionate about it.
CNY day 1, we were supposed to leave our first destination (eldest uncle's house) at 1330hrs and... 90% of the family reached only at 1315hrs LOL. Think it was a tactic cause last year we stoned there big time for a long time! Was fun playing around with my cousin joshua, who is 5 yrs old, he didnt wear his spierman suit this year but was wearing spiderman socks and a ... chinese costume, cool! Then we headed to er, im poh's house, more chatting with uncle kim on's family bout studies, army, iphones. Then it was another house, where we looked for the rabbit to play with it..
The last destination for the day was at Ang Mo Kio, for dinner. So it was only like 4pm, some went visiting at other places, some others went home. I went to su yin & malcom's house with 2 babies, several other kids and a few young teenagers, haha we were like the 'baby sitters'. They played pictureika while I just watched TV and dozed off towards the end. Oh and I discovered this super cool cark track which is battery operated that can keep the toy car running round the whole track continuously with a 'booster' at the start point - the genius of engineering! :)
By 7pm we headed over to our last destination, it was super crammed lol, almost 40 ppl cramming into a 3 room lol. Apart from watching red cliff 2, we also played this thing called the 'amazing arrow helicopter', man.. I should've played this kinda stuff when I was much younger, not now when I am feeling really old when I mix among my cousins!! Its basically this thing which can be catapulted into the air (it can fly pretty high, like 10 stories max - my best try) and then it'll slowly descend - another genius of simple engineering! :)
2nd game of the night was bingo and I won on the second rounding, hence also receiving the bounty of a $28 hongbao lol! :) 3rd game was wits & wager, I teamed up with uncle kim on, aunty jacqueline, rachel, jonathan and joshua :) it was really funny, just citing one example - question: how high is bt timah hill? our response: hmmm..~800m? EPIC FAIL.
Had a nice day! Although our family dont get together that frequently but it sure is nice to come together on occasions like that cause we still feel the family love for each other :)
No comments:
Post a Comment