The day in camp started on a very low note, with myself having to give a scolding to the men in an attempt to dissipate the fury of my superior. It was again about 5 cents worth of stuff, not worth mentioning, much less scolding, but well, the fault still lies with the errant servicemen who slacked off and did not learn from past mistakes.
While at work, I received an sms from zheng rui (~9-10am), stating that Christchurch had been hit by an earthquake and he urged me and the others to pray for jiaying's family over there. That piece of news hit me hard and caused big time turbulence inside of me. Questions rang within my head, was this really ... goodbye?
What I am about to share is to testify to the LORD's faithfulness in answering my prayers.
Knowing that I was powerless to do anything at all. What I need most now was to depend utterly on the LORD. I found myself a secluded spot and knelt to pray for God's protection and for His watchful eye to be over jiaying's family. Praise be to God! I received an sms from jiaying via cjls' phone indicating that her family was safe :)))
Having no internet access in camp is reall bothersome because I could not keep updated with the latest situation in NZ. I forwarded chai's sms to xmls, ktls & chans. I was overjoyed and really thankful for the LORD's protection and for watching over them :D that really solved a big part of the mental and emotional torture brewing within. (hahaha I think my boss also saw my expression of overjoy by chance :$)
That being said, there was something else bugging me. Yep, they managed to escape disaster and survive, but amenities and supplies are disrupted, thus survival could also become a problem should aid be inaccessible. xmls and I tried contacting cjls but to no avail, once again, questions penetrated my mind and disrupted the previously established peace within me.
There was again, nothing I could do, but pray. Night had fallen and I was on the verge of 'bargaining' with God (Abraham style), wanting to make a deal of sorts. The hope which I held within me started to fluctuate but thank God, the Holy Spirit stopped me in time before I made the impulsive prayer. The Counselor helped me to fix my faith and hope on El Shaddai, God Almighty and submit to His sovereignty. Surely, He knows better and surely, He does better than what I can.
This time I prayed for the LORD's providence and sustenance. Praise be to God! Haha dear sister chai somehow managed to connect to the internet on the morning of 23 Feb and gave us the update on her having accommodation etc. (I managed to get on the net once I dismounted) I felt really relieved and ecstatic at the same time upon reading the news on fb. This time, the inner turmoil which pervaded throughout me for the whole of yesterday finally died down. Right then, one question rang throughout the stillness of my soul - 'Why is it that the LORD listens to my prayer?"
Pondering about this question objectively, it is really a crazy fact that God actually listens to my prayer! It is indeed infinite grace and abundant mercy on God's part that He finds time to hear a child's first prayer and that saint & sinner call will always find Him there. Strength of the weak and light to the lost, how great is my LORD!
Re-pondering, He heard my prayer because it was not really mine, for every motive and every word was enable and caused by the Holy Spirit. It was by His grace that I prayed according to His will and not my own..
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything
by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving
let your requests be made known to God.
And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension,
will guard your heats and your minds in Christ Jesus
(Philipians 4:6-7) NASB
I was taught, comforted and strengthened with the very verse which I shared with jiaying, personally - by the LORD.
The LORD, alone, is my rock!
Praise the LORD!
No comments:
Post a Comment