Thursday, August 11, 2011

Jehovah Jireh

My first day of school on Monday
Waking up in time to travel to sch for an 8.30am lesson was z_z -ingly difficult. Anyways, I managed to get up and head for school. When I was on the train, I was reading through 1 John on my phone and after that I prayed and entrusted God with my worries and uncertainties of what lies ahead of me in sch life. The main uncertainty was the issue of making friends because I did not know anyone in my course since I did not go for the orientation camps. When I went to sch last friday, it was a totally alien environment and I only made friends with 1 dude from Mech engine and another from EEE. When my prayer ended, I was at jurong east station. I turned to my right and ... hey! There was my bmt friend junye! He is in the same course as me! :D (MSE) So we chatted about sch and stuff. Wa, thank God for his company. When we reached sch we had to split up cause I needed to go to the lib to buy my notes while he had to meet his other friends.

I lost my way in the library and could not identify the location of the print shop. Again, God sent another helper to me at that moment! I saw jing ni, my MSE yr 3 senior who was also my classmate in JJC! So she helped me and taught me about how things run in the print shop. Still, there was one problem remaining, The queue was long, I had only ~45mins to get my notes. I then ran into a friend, ivan which I knew from JJC as we were OGLs back then, wa awesome. With him was zhi kai, who was in MSE! First friend made just like that! When I went to lectures, I also got to know more of zhi kai's friends who were also in MSE and somehow they were fellow specs from 3SIR lol. Jun ye was actually zhi kai's man, what a coincidence.

The last lecture for the day was pretty interesting, on economics of manufacturing an AHSS elective. The lecturer was a businessman who was the GM for a multi million dollar business so it was pretty interesting to hear how things really work. He is pretty insightful and does not merely focus on the strategies but also execution of plans with the heart. I guess he will be a pretty good boss if he does what he preaches! From 1830-1930, I was supposed to have tut right after that lecture but he mentioned halfway that there will be no tuts for this module, WIN. The whole LT cheered!! I was also taken aback and really happy that I could make it for Bible study. Thanksgiving flooded my mind at that moment. I do not remember praying for a good timetable so that I could make it for BS, but when I first got it, I was like.. ok I gotta fly down to pastor's house for BS, I decided that I would cab. This has really humbled me, that I should pray about things, everything, especially these things which are of eternal value. The LORD truly provides. I really treasure BS because we learn many valuable lessons everytime and we encourage one another as a community to live out those truths. This week, we were reminded of Jesus Christ as our mediator and that ought to be a point to note in our prayers. Indeed, as pastor shared, it is so precious to exclaim at the end of our learning, 'What a great God we have!' rather than go back home patting ourselves on the back, satisfied with an increase in knowledge.

My first day was nothing.short.of.amazing.

Today I went for MSE day and it was my 3rd day in sch, and having free lunch for the 3rd time in a row as well LOL. It was pretty cool, got a MSE day shirt too, wow my sch is really pretty rich on funds! Anyway I met some friendly people who were friends of jingni and jen. It is my observation that it always seems that people who are in relationships are more hospitable and self sacrificial.

I heard this from a TV show:
欲望是索取,
爱是付出。
Pretty true! Some food for thought.

No comments: