Sunday, May 27, 2012

Where should I be?

I remembered thinking to myself during a bath on one of the first sentiments I had when I first arrived in Cambodia:

There are still so many people in Cambodia who have either not heard of Christ or come to receive Him as their Lord and saviour. What about the many more in the remotest parts of the world? How would Acts 1:8 be completely fufilled? Where should I be?

Coming to Cambodia was a surrealism from the sophistication in my life, it tore me from the whirlpool of many needless concerns. It stripped me down to what was basic, what was fundamental to life - humanity. Teaching at KBS has given me a sense of purpose n much joy in the LORD, seeing these youths being so eager to learn, so eager to grow in the faith, so eager to tell their fellow countryman of Jesus. I have 10 teaching days left, how I wish I could teach them all about what the Holy Spirit has graciously enabled me to know about Christ throughout the years! But the barrier of language stands imposingly in between me and that..Praise the LORD, He has reminded me that with humans, it is impossible, but with God, all things are possible! He is El Shaddai, God Almighty. I shall penetrate this barrier with prayer.

Its not for me to worry where I should be, what path I should tread, that's not it. My Heavenly Father's will was for me to put my life in His hands (romans 12:1), surely, He is the best resource allocator and He will be the one to allocate them most efficiently. Be compelled by Christ's love, commit yourself to the LORD, be courageous in carrying your cross daily, following hard after Jesus, fight the good fight, take up the full armour of God, hope in the LORD's return, hence purifying yourself, knowing that the light of His countenance will the the infinite and eternal joy in which we will rest, worshipping the Lamb that was slain, for eternity. 

No comments: