Monday, June 18, 2012

Lesson 2: God is Holy



Cambodia, Day 3, Lesson 2: God is Holy
Passage reading: Exodus v1-4
Other learning points: Reading in context (Ex 19&21)


God is Holy:
(1) He is perfectly pure and sinless.
(2) He is the one and only true God, there is no other like Him


I found that the very words which proceeded out of my own mouth to condemn myself.
------------------------------------------------------
I asked the LORD, why didn't you kill me then and there when I sinned against you so many times before?
He said, "that you may know my mercy."
-----------------------------------------------------


The Lord passed before him and proclaimed,
“The Lord, the Lord, a God merciful and gracious, slow to anger, 
and abounding in steadfast love and faithfulness, 
keeping steadfast love for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin,
but who will by no means clear the guilty, 
visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children and the children's children, to the third and the fourth generation.” (Exodus 34:6-7)



No comments: