Thursday, January 17, 2008

Thoughts amidst the drizzle

"You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.
Matthew 5:43-48

I thought that I should appreciate
not only the things I like, but also things that I would not like or desire.
Everything is worth giving thanks for and worthy of appreciation.

I was making my way home after dinner, after I alighted at my station, I strolled along the sheltered walkway all the way from queenstown mrt to the lift lobby under my HDB block 146. As I enjoyed the cool after-rain-breeze, I thought to myself, wouldn't it be nice if the weather was always so...cool (literally & figuratively).
Then God spoke to me in a simple manner again, also a 2nd time during quiet time when I pondered on the scriptures. (ref to top).

Rain or shine,
happiness or sorrow,
wealth or poverty,
Employed or jobless,
A grade or U grade,
Science stream or Arts stream,
life or death,
Even the breath I take now as I type these letters and alphabets, they all lie in God's Almighty hands
in His sovereign control.

Every event, even those which seem so insignificant and negligible has it's purpose to serve, has a lesson to teach and story to tell.

Let me be sober minded and unveil the big picture step by step, at your designated pace.

No comments: