28We proclaim him, admonishing and teaching everyone with all wisdom, so that we may present everyone perfect in Christ.
29To this end I labor, struggling with all his energy, which so powerfully works in me.
Colossians 1:28-29
Hm, I have come to realise that life isn't about the individual skirmishes which we engage in,
what is important is whether all we have done, what we have sacrificed is for the ultimate purpose,
the chief end of our lives.
Again, when I fell to the deepest depths of misery, God spoke to me and completely put me to shame with this one verse.
'To this end' I had been myopic, faithless and not persistent enough to strive to this supposed end, instead I sought an end to a temporial problem (compared to eternity) by escaping.
13 Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead,
14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
Philipians 3:13-14
Stop dwelling in the past and get a move on!
13 I can do everything through him who gives me strength.
The only determinant of the value of our labour is whether it is of Him, for Him and through Him.
6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
I believe that the lesson on Sunday had an impact on everyone of us, God certainly spoke to each of us in wonderfully amazing ways!
This blog entry marks a chapter of re-direction and a new start to overcome giants, through complete dependence on Him only.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment