Met brothers tiang meng, yi kang and wen hao in church at 10am today for frisbee, we lagged around till 1030 before we started lol. (ended before 1130). Although it was only the 4 of us, we had a great time throwing around 2 frisbees. There were many close shaves as the disc was en route for collision with people or vehicles! On one occasion, the frisbee bypassed me (from TM's imba throw) and landed somewhere behind me, while I jogged towards it to retrieve the disc, there was this uncle who headed towards it, picked it up and flicked it back to TM (WHILE I WAS LIKE 2m IN FRONT OF HIM @_@) diao diao diao. The rest just laughed at me and we continued anyway. So the entire hour was spent throwing the disc around, running around to catch failed throws and enjoying the morning sun (with exception of the haze..)
We then had some drinks, had a bath then lunch. Then short meeting for logistics comm for youth camp, then continuing on book store project for ~1 hr. We had YF today on womanhood (1), it felt really weird to join the session but I definitely did not regret it! It is because the subject of womanhood and manhood are constantly intertwined especially when looked at from the perspective 'in the beginning' through looking at Genesis chapters 1 to 3. Here's what's stuck in my mind: As a man - Leadership, headship, primary responsibility, protection, provision
By looking at Genesis 1-3, I also discovered that all that God created is good. "And God saw that it was good."
The emphasis in the Bible was not an overstatement! God had systematically planned and created all things for the sustenance of all man and still sustains all things. Not only does God provide for the physical needs of man. He provides for the emotional and spiritual needs of man, whom is created in image and likeness. God created a suitable helper for Adam because it was not good for him to be alone. God really had everything in mind! God knew that Adam did not know what he really needed and He showed him! Many a times in life, we encounter the same circumstance.
In the gospel books, we often see people from all walks of life asking Jesus questions, Jews, gentiles, pharisees, scribes etc. But many a time Christ did not answer their questions directly, perhaps it could be that we are asking the wrong questions? Our 'needs' or 'questions' may just be our perceived needs and questions. God alone knows what we really need, that is why we ought to rejoice in Him and be satisfied and content in Him :)
God is good :)
After YF, I had dinner with kenny, jay chua and tianmeng at the hawker. Had sambal fried rice with 2 poh piahs (fei lou..) I have a really big appetite, maybe cause im not stressed haha. In camp I only eat very little, usually I only finish left than half of the portion of rice issued.. (Maybe its partially due to the quality of food served :P) So we continued to tc a bit after our meal and then decided to have ice cream. Then we decided to go to NTUC to purchase ice cream hahahhaa. This is where farnie happens.
We looked around and saw ... crunch! Yum. The packet contained 4 sticks of ice cream, just nice for the 4 of us! It costed only $4 so we bought it without any hesitation hahaha.. Hurriedly opened the package, distributed the ice cream. Junwei was kinda fast so when he turned around I saw him holding on to the ice cream stick, so I thought WA! SO FAST?! Then I observed that he was wearing a really bewildered facial expression. He stared at the stick for a few seconds and said, "maybe I pulled out the stick too fast." - We realised that the ice cream was still in the package cause the inside was melted. LOL
Tianmeng started walking away hurriedly. I thought, "wa. so anxious to get a seat?!" Thats not the point, kenny and I started laughing madly when we saw where he stopped - the green bin LOL
It was cause his ice cream had also melted and collapsed from the stick, so it was kinda flowing out and yea the melted ice cream sort of flooded the bin's compartment to store cigarette butts hahaha should have taken a photo of it man! Reallyy funny end to the day.
QT was good, God spoke to me really directly through one verse back there. Main message - speech, humility, fear of God.
No comments:
Post a Comment