Stefan: Here's your diary.
Elena: Thanks!
Stefan: Don't worry I didn't read it.
Elena: Why? Normally people would.
Stefan: I wouldn't want people to read mine either.
Elena: Oh, you keep a diary too?
Stefan: Yea memories are important, I don't want to forget them.
-Extract of a dialogue in 'vampire diaries'
Random fact: I downed the most gross drink that I ever did thus far in my life on Friday night during a buffet to celebrate loon yuan's birthday - a concoction of 7-up, WASABI & RAW egg yolk. eerrghhuckkk.
Anyway, I think its true that memories are important. It seems that the bulk of my army life so far has been a void in my collective memories, maybe partially due to the fact that info on it would be classified and not public post material. But I don't really bother thinking about army stuff when I'm out of camp either :P
Some reflections from the breaking of bread service today:
The deity of Christ
Many a times when people ponder about the deity of Christ, a vague image or sketchy picture of a throne high above and vastly beyond our reach will be formed. Or perhaps one might envisage an ineffable light, something intangible or even inanimate, cold. It brought me to think of A.W Tozer's book, 'The knowledge of the Holy'. It was a book which contained Tozer's reflections on the attribues of God based on scripture, human logic, intellect and his keen observation. The content was really rich and deep, a good book that I'd recommend :) It will surely humble most and drive you to strive to know God more because you will discover that your knowledge is so shallow and limited.
Therefore, when Christ came into the world, he said:
"Sacrifice and offering you did not desire,
but a body you prepared for me;
with burnt offerings and sin offerings
you were not pleased.
Then I said, 'Here I am—it is written about me in the scroll—
I have come to do your will, O God.' "
Hebrews 10:5-7
The richness and even mystery of the deity of Christ does not make Him appear to be cold and far off. It makes Him all the more warm, a loving saviour of sinners, a creator of immense forbearance, a Father of mercy and a source of abundant grace. Because all the fullness of God has come to the mortal realm and is seen in Christ.
He is the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of his nature, and he upholds the universe by the word of his power.After making purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,
Hebews 1:3
Such a holy God, who is so great, whose wisdom and understanding is unfathomable has come to save sinners.
Surely, this must be the greatest mystery and good news throughout the ages past and those which are to come and even beyond time when space and matter are long gone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment