Sunday, July 27, 2008

busy?

Quote of the day from phls: 
"If you're gonna say wait till I'm free or after this and that, then you will just have to wait till you say hello to your coffin, we're occupied/busy in every phase of our life fulfilling our duties. Stop procrastinating."

Learnt from the 1st chapter of haggai that the main problem of the Israelites had at that time was that they neglected the building of the temple of the Lord 
AND YET they busied themselves with tending to their own houses and property.
 "You expected much, but see, it turned out to be little. What you brought home, I blew away. Why?" declares the LORD Almighty. "Because of my house, which remains a ruin, while each of you is busy with his own house
Haggai 1:9

This was a direct contrast to the attitude of the Israelites when they starting building the temple of the Lord. 
Despite their fear of the peoples around them, they built the altar on its foundation and sacrificed burnt offerings on it to the LORD, both the morning and evening sacrifices. Ezra 3:3

Must always remember this:
Then Haggai, the LORD's messenger, gave this message of the LORD to the people: "I am with you," declares the LORD. So the LORD stirred up the spirit of Zerubbabel son of Shealtiel, governor of Judah, and the spirit of Joshua son of Jehozadak, the high priest, and the spirit of the whole remnant of the people. They came and began to work on the house of the LORD Almighty, their God, Haggai 1:13-14

The Lord is always with us, stop claiming it is not time to pursue spiritual things, it is not time to serve, it is not time to make God the centre of our lives. 
When the Holy Spirit speaks to us and stirs our heart, do not put out the flame, keep the flame on the altar burning. 
Stop putting off the need to overcome sin, to face our trials, to carry our daily cross instead of running away from it all.
Yes, I need faith in the Lord to move these mountains.

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." 
John 16:33

Getting back to overcoming giants

No comments: