It was a cool meet up cause it has been 5 years since Qian left for London and I also had not seen Ms Lam my primary school teacher (pri 6) for around 2 years or so.
We proceeded to the food court to have some dessert, ice jelly w aloe vera for me..
(already had lunch + honeydew sago 2 hours before ><)
So we chatted and chatted about our childhood memories in keng seng pri and gan eng seng pri and tried recalling part of the hierarchy of the school: principals, teachers etc.
Hah, Qian and I still remember the exact sitting positions of our classmates in our column,
he used to sit behind me and fight with huiyi while I'll view on in front of him and make some sound effects. He sure has a really good memory! He even mentioned to me what we did on the 1st day of school in gesps when we had to clean the classroom before using cause the entire infrastructure was new. Sad though that most of the teachers whom I know have already retired or left teaching in gesps.
Only after Qian drank bandung did I realise how such 'insignificant' stuff is characteristic of Singapore. Though its a simple drink it somehow brings out the 'Singaporean flavour' haha if a GP tutor were to mark this sentence I would get a big fat EXP.
I always thought that primary school was one of the happiest phase of my life cause those days were really carefree and it was then also that I had forged some really strong friendships which lasts. Sigh, Qian's going back on friday, who knows when we will meet again.
You have made my days a mere handbreadth;
the span of my years is as nothing before you.
Each man's life is but a breath.
the span of my years is as nothing before you.
Each man's life is but a breath.
Pslams 39:5
Man is like a breath; his days are like a fleeting shadow.
No comments:
Post a Comment