The sorrow which once enveloped me was removed layer by layer,
yet your love for me overwhelms me time after time,
so frequently that I'm afraid I will forget.
Doulos
I am but a servant.
So you also, when you have done everything you were told to do, should say,
'We are unworthy servants; we have only done our duty.' "
Luke 17:10
Very often, I'm simply unworthy of serving you my Lord,
Before I became a child of God, how unworthy I was to receive your free salvation.
"You made him a little lower than the heavenly beings and crowned him with glory and honor."
Psalm 8:5
I simply find your love too amazing, too unfathomable.
Lord, why send an angel
when I'm but nothing,
to speak to me so tenderly,
with so much wisdom,
bringing so much comfort and encouragement,
sometimes coming with a sword which pierces through my heart,
at other times simply bringing a blanket to shield me from the cold,
saying gently, "let's pray"
caring for me with love so sincere?
Thank you God,
thank you brother.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment