Camp lasted from 16th to 19th dec.
Must say that the camp was quite a new experience for me this time is my 1st time being a log ic2.
Didn't realise how tired I was until the last day when tian meng and I were back in church
and I fell asleep while tm was unpacking O_O
Camp was great, had much more opportunities to interact with BASICs & know each other on a more spiritual level as well, enjoyed it.
It could have been MUCH better though considering the attendance for the 1st day....
Still thank God for the 40 bros n sis who managed to make it full time though.
Heh, all the uncles (zhuang, kenny etc...) can't stay, blessing in disguise though :p
They can't come ka chiao n bully me :D
Spiritual lessons:
Basically, it was clearly evident that God's immeasurable love worked throughout the whole camp, especially during prayer where several were moved to tears. I really do enjoy the sincere and genuine words shared by bros n sis, really encouraging :)
God's love can be experienced over and over again, it's never 炒冷饭
The problem lies with us that we seldom reflect and remember that scene when Christ
was nailed to the cross to bear our sins and the curses which they carry, to experience death for us, to suffer pain and humiliation.
The main point is not all that, the main point is "Christ", "for us".
Colossians 1:13
"For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the
kingdom of the Son he loves."
We no longer live in darkness, but in the light!
Response:
1) Empty myself (0% me, 100% Christ living in me)
2) The world crucified to me, and I crucified to the world
3) Walk the way of the cross, not with my weak self but by God's grace,
with His love leading us upfront!
Interesting incidents:
1st day
Couldn't forget how the lao shis like phls, qllls and hcls were aimed during whacko! LOL
Too bad I had to settle log stuffs halfway through the game and didn't manage to enjoy the 2nd half which I thought was the most fun :( :(
Dinner was really fantastic for the 1st night!!
[the colour grey can be used to express my disappointment in the food ordered for the other meals though...]
It's really nerve wrecking to be a log ic when the mike screeches or the PA system messes up ><
2nd day
Really good time of worship in the morning. Really heavy messages in both the morning and the night I must say. Again I want to emphasize that the focus should not be on ourselves bearing the cross but rather, with God's guidance, support and leadership.
Also watched a movie clip about one Christian in HK about her life, could really see the impact of one's life which can have really far reaching effects if we truly live for God :)
Was pretty dramatic though when the sister n her grandma were separated....
Grandma: AH MIN!!!
Ah min: AH MA!!!
All: LOL
3rd day
Thank God for helping me be able to share about my 生命更新的见证 though somehow I lost my prepared script just before the Bible study session started, phew..Got Jieyu to start 1st and I went on to organise my thoughts, lols..The hymn sharing session was good as well, with the Word of God and hymns, once again all were encouraged to re dedicate our lives to God.
"Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God—this is your spiritual act of worship." Romans 12:1
3rd day part (b)
This part gets really interesting when bro tm and I become technicians
?!
Yep.
At about 11.15pm we started fixing the problem of the air con at 106 [cave!] leaking, by washing & cleaning the filter, followed by room 206 [marine!] finally back to our room 306 [jungle!] about to get ready to rest .... when we discovered the
air con in our room was leaking as well!!
Nevermind...anyways we fixed it then at about 12am we were like playing with hcls' comp having distorted pics of use taken, lol-ing session, super funny..
we: Yu herng, ri xi, xing hui, hcls, tm, me
We even had a pic of hcls similar to that of a cyclops!
Will try to post up some pics if I get hold of them, hahahah
Just remembered that hcls also ate durian and a video was filmed again!
to shifu:
remember to create heyman.blogspot.com !! We are pinning high hopes on you!
4th day
As, usual it's the most sian day for me reason being it's the last day, SIGH.
"This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers." 1 John 3:16
"Then he said to them all: "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me." Luke 9:23
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment