Thursday, December 13, 2007

Neither merely a journey, nor a struggle.

But a war,
with many battles to be fought,
to leave a legacy divine.

Of which Paul proclaims:
"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.

Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord,

the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day—and not only to me,
but also to all who have longed for his appearing."
1 Timothy 4:7-8

Again, I've learnt some precious lessons during prayer meeting today when Pastor Huang discussed about 2Timothy 2:3-4
"Endure hardship with us like a good soldier of Christ Jesus. No one serving as a soldier gets involved in civilian affairs—he wants to please his commanding officer."

Many a time, we take life too easily or we don't really see the picture, our surroundings is not going to have pervasive peace.

"Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." Matthew 10:34

The Bible reminds us that we do have a tangible and existent enemy, which is the Devil himself.

God was the one who declared this war and we are the recruits in this spiritual war against the evil one. The battle which we are engaging in now is REAL, we're in the midst of enemy territory and it's extremely important for us to be on guard.

Learning points from the passage above [as a soldier of Christ]:
1) Be willing to endure hardship 吃苦
2) Be a good soldier 精锐
3) Please our commander, God 完全的效忠

Absolute loyalty to my general, God, who leads upfront!

No comments: