Tuesday, December 25, 2007

VICTORY in the LORD

For once I must use chans' phrase to express myself.
WOOHOO!
Went for tracting for witnessing day today, managed to sneak into the congregation when they were praying (was 1-2 mins late)
Chionged on bike to church at 8:55am !

Hm, felt that the church really made a good move this year to shift the focus to doing tracting at clementi town, the macedonian call very much resembles this Clementeen call I believe, judging from their receptiveness.
Although on one occassion when ri xuan and yi liang approached one door...
The guy was shouting at the top of his voice and threatened to
call the police if we continued knocking on doors?!
Lol, then yu en was grumbling under his breath..
Unreasonable response to the gospel but I guess it's just the sinful nature of Man to even reject salvation or perhaps he simply had some problems at that point in time. But again, praise be to God because we are worthy of suffering scoldings for Him!
However, together with yu en, we really had MANY good opportunities to speak to the receptive residents, of which I spoke to one for more than 15mins about the whole gospel from the diagnostic questions to
1) Heaven is a free gift, is neither earned nor deserved
2) Man is a sinner and cannot save himself
3) God is just, yet merciful
4) Who Jesus Christ is and what He accomplished for US on the cross
5) What saving faith is
Really glad I went for the basic evangelism course taught by wande and uncle yong kwang, really helped me to take my 1st step in evangelising in a more holistic manner and I managed to apply what I learnt!! :)
Really thank God for always opening doors, be it serving Him in ministries or even an entire 'workplace' for the development and spreading of gospel!
福音的工场
Today has really been a breakthrough for me to have a propect to talk to regarding the whole gospel, thank God!! I'm just feeling so happy now, hope to do follow up work to save this soul and his family!

To all youths reading this entry:
Thanks a lot for celebrating my b'day yesterday, really had a great time interacting with all of you people yesterday! Was truly a manifestation of God's love on us and through us, corresponding to what uncle mong shared (although I begin with the assumption that he was naggy from the start)
Special thanks to all my uncles and da jies like kenny, polo, tom, andrew,jianxin, wenqi, wendy etc..All you older youths have really showered me with love and care, spurring me on to serve God in the fellowship better and to grow along with all of you! Appreciate everything especially our relationship in Christ, blest be the tie!!


No comments: