Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Questioning?

To clarify what I meant in my last post, I've decided to blog about what I meant about asking God questions.
Basically questioning can be classified into 2 main types.

1) Inquiry --e.g I asked her a question.
2) Uncertainty about the truth or factuality of existence of something [doubt]
--e.g I questioned his capability seeing how poorly he managed things.

Clearly, it is wrong to use the latter type of questions to question God, because He is all knowing and all powerful. Since he even gave His only Son to us to be sacrificed and die on the cross, which of his fullness and goodness will he keep back from us? None!
Thus, we should never ever be uncertain about God's ability or doubt Him, but like jiaying said we should in stead put our absolute trust in Him.

When saints reach heaven, they'd definitely not need either type of questioning (inquiry / doubt)
because when they see God's complete plan, when they see the very last piece of puzzle fitted into the individual puzzles, when they see the individual puzzles come together as one..

"Then I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and on the sea, and all that is in them, singing: To him who sits on the throne and to the Lamb be praise and honor and glory and power, for ever and ever!" Revelations 5:13

No wonder even when Paul was still living he said and quoted: [from last night's quiet time]
"Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God!
How unsearchable his judgements,
and his paths beyond tracing out!
Who has knowned the mind of the Lord?
Or who has been his counselor?
Who has ever given to God,
that God should repay him?
For from him and through him are all things.
To him be glory forever! Amen."
Romans 11:33-36

Back to what I meant when I said you can question God.

I simply meant that we can inquire God about His will in any matter, but the attitude has to be correct. It's like asking, "God, why did you allow this to happen? I am confused and I humbly pray to inquire about your will regarding this..."

When we inquire, we just need to have the correct attitude, that is to inquire to know His will, just like we listen to sermons to act out the Word of God, not as a religious act.

No comments: